*** Nippon Kendai R&D Ltd. cannot guarantee "the ingredients, quality and country of origin" of any identical or similar products being sold overseas are the same as the original 【GLAGOLD 健代益之諾TM GLA】in Hong Kong.
We shall not be held responsible for any damage or loss arising from the purchase of similar products from other countries like Taiwan or China.
GLAGOLD® is manufactured by the most advanced patented microbial fermentation technique in Japan, with GLA content as high as 25 – 31% and the lowest linoleic acid (LA) content of 14%. This ideal GLA to LA content ratio makes GLAGOLD® one of the best GLA supplements among ordinary herbal sources such as evening primrose oil, black currant oil and borage oil etc.
- Improve microcirculation
- Relieve inflammatory responses (redness, swelling, pain, itchiness, dryness, burning sensation) due to over-production of inflammatory substances
- Improve cell membrane elasticity and permeability
- Promote healthy skin, nails and hair
- May assist in stabilizing blood lipids / cholesterol / blood pressure
- Skin allergy / redness/ itching/ inflammation
- Patients undergoing Haemodialysis
- People concerned about blood sugar
- Pre-menstrual Syndrome
- Joint Pains
- Skin health and more
This product is not registered under the Pharmacy and Poisons Ordinance or the Chinese Medicine Ordinance. Any claim made for it has not been subject to evaluation for such registration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease.
GLA is considered to be the only “GOOD” Omega – 6 polyunsaturated fatty acid, which is essential to our body. It is almost completely and very rapidly converted to dihomogamma linolenic acid (DGLA), which undergoes further metabolism to produce important prostaglandin E1 (PGE1) to effectively inhibit inflammation in the body. Studies have shown that GLA has significant health benefits when consumed regularly.
Accreditation of GLAGOLD®
- Year 1984: GLAGOLD® was applied in Japan's medical sectors for clinical research on diabetes and kidney disease.
- Year 1992: Japan Health Food & Nutrition Food Association certified GLAGOLD® as a specialized health supplement for atopic dermatitis and cholesterol reduction (Patent No. 911007)
- Year 1997: The application of GLAGOLD® became mainstream in the heath services as an adjunct for medical treatment.
- Year 2000: Volume 86 of the authoritative renal medical journal, NEPHRON, reported that supplementation with high concentration GLA (GLAGOLD®) can increase the deformability of red blood cells and improves macro- & micro-circulation.
- Year 2006 : Awarded with patent on improvement of pruritus in haemodialyis patients (patent no. 3816545)
- Year 2010: Awarded with patent on microcirculation improvement in diabetes and haemodialysis patients by Health Ministry of Japan (Patent no.4473968)
Each 480 mg capsule of GLAGOLD® contains:
Gamma Linolenic acid —— 50 mg (Ratio of GLA: LA is about 2 : 1)
3 kcal per capsule
480 mg per capsule; 60 capsules per container (small), 330 capsules per container (big)
Take after meals.
Age 13 or above: At least 6 caps daily, separate dosage to 2 or 3 times a day (NOTE: Please continue the recommended dosage for 5 ~ 6 months until symptoms are subsided or improved, then may reduce it to rregular level.)
Age 4 ~ 12 or under: At least 5 caps daily.
For health maintenance
3 – 4 caps daily
GLAGOLD® is a fatty acid supplement that can be taken in conjunction with other medicines or health supplements.
Reaction: Some people may experience temporary bloating or loose stools for the first week of consumption. Those with poor blood circulation may initially experience skin irritations caused by the vasodilation of GLA. Itchiness should take 1-2 weeks to subdue and can be relieved by applying lotion.
**People taking blood-thinning medication or women in pregnancy should consult with their doctors or pharmacists prior to taking GLAGOLD®.
Made in Japan
|1.||What is the active ingredient of GLAGOLD® ?|
|Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) is the main active ingredient of GLAGOLD®. Each capsule contains 50 mg of GLA.
|2.||Why is GLAGOLD® the highest GLA supplement in the worldwide market?|
|With advance fermentation technology, GLAGOLD® contains the highest GLA-rich oil extracted from fungi. (suitable for kidney and diabetes patients).
|3.||What makes GLAGOLD® more superior to other ordinary Omega-6 supplements and offers optimum benefits when consume at a high dose?|
|The Omega-6 fatty acids family includes LA, AA, GLA and DGLA. Scientific research shows consuming too much LA and AA, which are called the "Bad" Omega-6s, can cause unhealthy inflammation in our body. However, there are “Good” Omega-6s (such as GLA and DGLA) that can produce anti-inflammatory effects and provide important health benefits. The readily available Omega-6 supplements like Evening Primrose Oil, Borage Oil and Black Currant Oil have limitations with its use and are not suitable for long-term intake due to their high LA and low GLA content ratio. With the high GLA/ low LA contents, GLAGOLD® is a breakthrough among GLA supplements.
|4.||How to use GLAGOLD® ?|
|For improvement: 5 - 6 caps/day; For health maintenance: 3 - 4 caps/day.
For better absorption, take after meal and separate the dosage into 2-3 times a day. GLAGOLD® is a health supplement providing long-term protection of certain health conditions.
|5.||Can GLAGOLD® be administered with medication? Is it safe for long-term use?|
|Certainly. GLAGOLD® is not a drug and does not have drug contraindication, and will not cause any side effects. Many scientific researches have confirmed the health benefits of functional polyunsaturated fatty acids for our immune system and cell bioactivity. Directly supplement GLA can bypass the rate-limiting enzymatic activity in our body and thereby to ensure sufficient amount of GLA to protect against chronic diseases. In Japan, GLAGOLD® has been widely administered as an adjunct to various clinical treatments on various chronic diseases for over 20 years. With this long-term clinical evidence, GLAGOLD® is confirmed effective and safe.
|6.||Who is recommended to take GLAGOLD® ?|
|GLAGOLD® is suitable for everyone including pregnant women and children as a health supplement for prevention and health maintenance, or especially for patients undergoing medical treatments. Those with blood clotting difficulties are advised to first consult with their family doctor or our product specialist before use.